Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Is Fame your aspiration?
Her path is steep and high;
In vain he seeks her temple,
Content to gaze and sigh;
The shining throne is waiting,
But he alone can take it
Who says,with Roman firmness,
"I'll find a way,or make it."

Is Learning your ambition?
There is no royal road;
Alike the peer
Who feels the thirst of knowledge,
In Helicon may slake it;
If he has still the Roman will
"I'll find a way or make it."

Are Riches worth the getting?
They must be bravely sought;
With wishing or with fretting,
The boon cannot be bought;
To all the prize is open,
But only he can take it;
Who says,with Roman courage
"I'll find a way or make it."

I read this poem when I was in a state of depression....not sure what life holds for me, used to be really low in life....I know people who know me now...wont believe this fact....and one more fact that remains a fact is that friends who've seen me in that stage wont't believe of what I am now :)
This poem and many such material helped me to gather my whole self together....just thought of sharing it with you all....in a hope that it might help you regain ur lost enthusiasm.

2 comments:

Ekam said...

Didn't know that you had 'that' time also. Glad that you are out of depressing phase of your life. And continue to be so. God bless you:)

Hoping to see your posts regularly now:)

khushi said...

well i too hope i'd continue writing in yaar....and yup have seen all colors of lyf....with all the contrasts...:)